Sunday 26 October 2014

Tremble

I used to shake with fear,
Used to shrink,
Afraid to even hear,
What I knew I was craving.
Pressures unarticulated
Consumed me.
Drove me to a corner of lies,
A deep denial
That would slowly kill me.
A new tremble has found my spine,
I shake as the fears run off of me.
Like I’d been given a coat
And for the first time,
The rain rolled off of my shoulder
Instead of soaked in to my very being.
The weight returns to my feet
I can stand.
Let my muscles relax.
I can breath, unsolicited.
It’s a gift we’re afraid to accept.
Everything within me
Is afraid of freedom.
It’s something utterly foreign,
To the very cells in my body.
As the tremble fades
And I become more firm,
A man that teeters no more,
A man that challenges:
What could ever enslave what has been made free?
As the tremble fades,
My smile isn’t alone,
As every cell in my body rejoices.

No comments:

Post a Comment